Principal/Associate Flood Risk Engineer
Our client is a medium sized consultancy with a strong presence in the region. They are seeking a technical expert within Hydrology to provide valuable input into their consultancy offering including Propery & Development, Water and Minerals sectors.
Primary Purpose of Role:
- A need to lead on delivery of Hydrology and drainage work within our Property Team
- Take on overall responsibility for the delivery of hydrology services within related teams (i.e. to Minerals, Waste and Water Teams).
- Integrate hydrology services across the business, including geo-environmental engineering, land quality and water resources.
- Lead on surface water proposals
- Provide guidance on the Water Framework Directive and UK regulatory framework underpinning flood risk assessments and sustainable drainage systems.
- Reporting including Environmental Statements and EIA chapters.
- Take a lead in developing sustainable drainage services and design.
- Support further business development
As a senior member within the business you will work within a multidisciplinary team of specialists to provide services for the private and public sectors as well as regulatory agencies. Your principal responsibility will be to develop and grow the surface water management capabilities, particularly in relation to flood risk assessment and SUDS.
This will include staff mentorship/motivation; management and development of both existing and new clients; contributing to the achievement of the Property Group's billable target and generally supporting the Group Director in achieving the overall group targets and objectives. You will prepare quotations, budgets and work plans for upcoming projects and ensure that all active projects are completed on time and on budget. You will undertake client and regulatory liaison.
- BSc or MSc in relevant water management discipline
- Preferably Chartered
- Preferably minimum of 10 years' experience
- Preparation of Proposals and Tender documents.
- Project management and financial control.
- Supervision, training and development of team members.
- Key requisite is experience in conceptual and detailed SUDS design and an understanding of how SUDS fit within the planning system.
- 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling capabilities for flood risk and water resource assessment with knowledge of industry software packages (Tuflow/ISIS; HEC-RAS, Micro Drainage).
- Excellent client management skills and experience;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Motivated to win new business for the company;
- Experience with major infrastructure and minerals projects will be a bonus.
- Contribute to research and innovation projects including the development and implementation of new services.
- Delivery of high quality, pragmatic, advice and solutions to environmental problems.