Credit Controller / Collections Agent
Reporting to theCredit Control Team Leader this is predominately a phone based role focusing on proactive outbound calling to meet both call and cash collection targets. In addition this role also handles a high volume of inbound Credit Control and Customer Service related queries.
In short you will require experience in a similar role be diplomatic, professional and commercially aware with an appreciation of the importance of this department to the wider business.
- Handling between 60-80 calls a day both inbound and outbound
- Chasing and collecting payments via telephone, letter and email
- Dealing with/solving queries on invoices with both internal departments and external customers
- Completing thorough DPA checks with all customers
- Supporting vulnerable customers through CFS process and ensuring that all customers requiring additional assistance are aware of all available options
- Proactively work to Key Performance Indicators to ensure that all agreed objectives are met. These will predominately be around call and cash collection targets
- Monitoring and placement of all standing order and direct debit mandates
- Maintenance of credit control records ensuring contact records are accurate and up to date at all times
It is expected that successful candidate will have at least 2yrs experience in a similar Credit Control position, familiar with the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) and the Consumer Credit Directive.