We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator at a successful Managed Service Provider. The successful candidate will have a background in supporting Microsoft desktop and server products (such as Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2003/8, - Exchange 2010 and Office 2007/10 with proven hands on and theoretical knowledge of Cisco, LAN and WAN networking along with experience of deputising the running of a Service Desk.
Technical expertise and skill set:
- Server administration - Server 2008, Server 2008r2, Server 2012, this must be hands on experience.
- Full awareness and management of Active Directory.
- Practical hands on experience using VMware.
- Full awareness and management of DNS / DHCP.
- Experience with firewall rules and policies, again ideally hands on (Cisco / Fortinet firewalls).
- Have experience in management of MS Exchange or be familiar with Office 365 deployments.
- Have experience of managing data backups from Server environments, have experience of the types of backup solutions that can be employed.
- Practical hands on experience of managing network switches(VLan creation and management, managing stack switches).
- Practical hands on experience of troubleshooting network LAN and WAN environments and the utilization of appropriate tools such as IPerf and WireShark.
- Practical hands on experience of utilizing Hyper V.
Soft skills and experience
- Skills relating to the delivery of IT projects.
- Aware of best practice standards within the delivery of IT (this could be against a security standard like PCI, CoCo, ISO), (patch management and mechanisms to deploy patches etc..).
- Willingness to learn new skills and be a self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced growing business.
Ideally the candidate would hold or be studying for:
- MCP’s - Microsoft Certified Professional qualifications - ideally a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator MCSA.
- CCNA or parts of the CCNA of which are ICND1 and or ICND2 (ICND1+ICND2 make up the full CCNA).
- Qualification in VMware.