Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing new business sales to Mid-corporate prospects in line with business goals. You will be the leading relationship owner between the company and Mid-Corporate prospects. You will work with personnel across the business Sales, Underwriting, Marketing and Management to drive performance, and penetration of services through prospecting businesses
Position: Business Development Manager
Covering: Manchester, Preston and Chester
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan to achieve monthly and quarterly targets and to expand the company’s customer base in the North West region.
- Develop a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities with mid-corporate businesses that will enable you to meet or exceed targets.
- Accurately forecast sales revenue and analyse key performance indicators, trends and results.
- Network and build relationships within target prospects in order to understand key decision makers, and how you can help them.
- Maintain and promote professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies both individually and across your team.
- Manage the sales cycle and present the full product portfolio at a consistently high level and standard.
- 3 years’ experience in Insurance Sales, selling directly to upper mid- corporate customers.
- You must be a proven high achiever, outgoing, confident and willing to roll up your sleeves to play an important part in growing an extraordinary, forward thinking, insurer within the mid-corporate arena.
- You will be self-motivated, organised, and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets consistently.
- You will have a genuine passion for insurance.
- You will be comfortable presenting to groups of senior managers, delivering key sales messages.
- Ability to lead complex sales processes with multiple senior stakeholders
- A strong ability with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experienced in writing business proposals and implementation plans
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
HR Consultancy acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.