We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Clerk to join a well established company in the centre of Manchester. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this newly created position is required to support a sustained period of growth in this dynamic and vibrant business. The role will oversee 34 sites and 7 (1 large, 6 small) payrolls so experience in running multiple payrolls is essential.
Your daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Process and submit monthly payroll including statutory year end returns and P60s
- Deal with employee salary and payroll queries.?
- Processing new starters, leavers, deductions etc
- Process and submit monthly expenses
- Administer company credit cards
- Oversee site weekly wage predictions, including uploading onto the rota system
- Review weekly rota's when closed by sites raising queries with sites as necessary
- Payroll per flash reporting to actual
- Preparation and review of monthly payroll journals, including reconciliation of payroll system to costs recorded in the management accounts
Support on monthly reconciliations for management accounts to cover:
- Wage accrual
- PAYE/NI accrual
- Holiday pay
- Liaise with Revenue and Customs where necessary.?
- Send all P45s/?P46s to Revenue and Customs for all starters and leavers.?
- Chase site managers for missing information where necessary.?
- Maintain and update P11D database with employee benefits.?
- Any other payroll duties as required by the business.?
Experience of using Fourth Payroll is advantageous but not essential; however, extensive experience of a computerised payroll system is essential.? Knowledge of Revenue and Customs' current legislation e.?g.? NI rates, statutory payments etc. is desirable.
The successful candidates will have good attention to detail and a strong team work ethic. You will be needed to come in and hit the ground running with ambition to grow within a fast paced and dynamic company.
We are looking for someone who is professional with a pro-active, 'can-do' attitude, excellent communication skills and who also has strong Excel skills. This is an opportunity not to be missed, so if you feel you have the relevant skill set and would like to be considered for this role - please send your CV through to for immediate consideration.