Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer - Norwich - Excellent salary, location and shift pattern
The purpose of the role is to work as part of engineering team to provide effective and efficient mechanical and electrical support throughout the Factory. Tasks will involve reactive support in the factory; continuous improvement projects planned through the maintenance system and planned maintenance tasks. The role will be working with a wide range of complex automated cooking processes and packaging equipment.
· Proactive response to maintenance, continuous improvement tasks and reactive breakdowns on site
· Accurate recording of all work activities
· Completion of SEAs as required
· Escalation of any further works required
· Identification of Continuous Improvement projects for repetitive problems
Safety, Quality, Hygiene
- Ensure that when carrying out all duties that regard to own safety and that of others is always taken into account.
- Strict adherence to all H&S work policies e.g. Lock out and Tag (Isolation of all energy sources when undertaking any work) and Use of the "Permit to Work/Enter" system.
- Personally demonstrate safe behaviour and take responsibility for the management of health & safety of engineering staff and contractors
- Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses
- Reduce customer complaints and wastage through effective maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Operations Management
- Carry out site maintenance activities and ensure GMP standards are reached.
- Responsible for recording work carried out with regards to breakdowns, repairs and modifications. Taking ownership for issues to ensure follow-up is carried out and the original issues are closed off.
- Responsible for identifying improvements to the planned maintenance system.
- The site operates a World Class Manufacturing continuous improvement system, engineering plays a key part in this and delivering improvements.
- SEA completion will be required for breakdowns which breach trigger points
- Involvement in Loss reduction teams
- Communicate daily with manager to ensure planned maintenance, engineering and production priorities are considered.
- Communicate as required with Engineering stores to ensure that spares are available for planned and breakdown maintenance.
- Ensuring that both verbal and written shift handovers are carried out including the Maintenance shift report being completed
- All work carried out to be logged with detail on current site systems
The ideal candidate will be qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or equivalent, ideally with previous experience within FMCG Manufacture
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk