QA Tester - Manchester, M1
As a QA Tester, you’ll be part of one of our specialist software development teams in our multi-disciplined business. This exciting role in our unique business calls for someone with equal measures of technical expertise, team focus, the ability to deliver diverse projects and nurture the best of tomorrow’s talent. Reporting to QA Lead, you will be responsible for testing within a project and ensuring we deliver quality releases to our customers.
- Representing testing activities with the feature team.
- Identifying testing activities that are required, both functional and non-functional.
- Execute and maintain test cases on assigned projects.
- Perform exploratory testing in areas potentially affected by the implementation of a feature.
- Ensuring the feature team adhere to test strategy and quality gates.
- Conducting testing tasks that are both manual & automated.
- Working with the system team in identifying cross over test scenario’s across multiple applications.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong understanding of agile processes - Scrum
- Strong analytical skills in identifying testing scenario’s for both functional and non-functional testing
- Experience of various automated tools - Selenium, Postman, SOAPUI, Load UI
- Experience of different testing & development methodologies -RST, BBST, TTD
- Exposure of working within service based architect (REST)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- A passion for writing good testable documentation
- Working to deadlines
- Good eye for detail
- Team working
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Exposure to coding using C#, .Net, HTML, ASP.Net
- Exposure to SQL
- Exposure to different testing activities - UAT, Black Box, Performance, Security etc..
- Understanding of software best practices specifically
- Health Care
- Dental Care
- Local Gym Membership
- Fresh Fruit Provided
Web Application Testing, API Testing, Automated Testing