Senior Engineer (Field Based)
Our client, based in Birmingham, are a leading provider of bespoke equipment selling high value business to business solutions to their clients. They are now looking for a Senior Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will travel to customer sites in the Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry and surrounding areas and will attend sites and machines as directed, to determine their condition and establish if repairs can be carried out in a financially manner.
Although it is not essential suitable candidates with a previous Armed Forces background i.e. Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) are encouraged to apply. Vending industry/machinery knowledge is essential for this role.
- Visit customer sites and ensure vending machines and achieve repairs or make recommendations in situations where the regular engineer has been unable to do so and which has resulted in complaints or reduced client satisfaction. Follow up with coaching and recommendations for the development of the engineer by reporting back to the relevant parties.
- Attend sites/machines and establish causes for high call outs and reliability issues, providing rectification, recommendations and reports as directed and by following up with coaching and support for the engineer to improve their capabilities.
- Provide support to the Technical Managers, engineers and operations staff to ensure the successful installation, uplift and machine commissioning in line with demand.
- Provide engineering cover within the area where unplanned absence causes issues with clients receiving a poor standard of service.
- Depending on regional situation, be responsible for a small geographical area and take part in out of hours activities.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed and submitted within the correct timescales.
- Maintain correct spares and stock level as laid down by the Company.
- Request all necessary parts to maintain the correct operation of machines as required.
- Maintain tools and equipment in good safe working order as per Toolkit Checklist provided.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Holds a recognised qualification (i.e. NVQ, BTEC, City & Guilds) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of vending machines is essential for this role.
- Hands on experience of electro-mechanical repairs, servicing etc.
- Ability to train and manage a team.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communicator with the ability to liaise with customers and clients.
- A flexible and can do approach be able to work on own or as a part of a team.
- Full clean driving licence.
- 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7.
- Company vehicle, mobile phone and uniform provided.
- Full training on company products/services.
- Opportunity to join an established company.