Customer Support Engineer
Customer Support Engineer, Graduate Engineering
Location : Droylsden and Manchester
Salary £20-28k (depending on experience)
Monday to Thursday 9-5.30pm Friday finish 4.30pm
Amazing chance to travel with this role!
For more than sixty years my client has been a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of inspection equipment to the coatings industry. They have grown into a global network with representation in over 70 countries and Company offices in 8 countries.
The primary purpose of the Customer Support Engineer is to use technical knowledge to provide practical assistance to external and internal customers, distributors and various departments within the company. The role involves dealing with queries face to face, via email and over the telephone, therefore strong communication skills are key to excelling in the role.
- Developing a good technical knowledge and understanding of the Elcometer product range in order to liaise with Customers, Distributors, Sales, Production and R&D regarding technical matters.
- Assisting in conducting product training, externally and internally.
- Liaising with R&D to help support new product development and feedback on product improvements.
- Provide application advice to end users, distributors and internal staff.
- To record and maintain information using a customer database and help in expanding its use for the 'Technical’ department.
- Visit customer sites (including overseas travel) and attend trade shows when necessary.
- Develop knowledge and awareness of relevant national and international standards relating to the Elcometer product line.
- Educated to ONC/HNC level or equivalent in electrical/electronic, chemical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience using electronic and mechanical equipment and knowledge of electrical/electronic/chemical/mechanical principles.
- Experience in demonstrating complex technical principles, preferably within an engineering background.
- Excellent communicator at all levels with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a methodological and careful approach to practical problems.
- Extensive PC skills with knowledge of USB communications.
- Some international will be involved within this role
- Professional body membership.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the paint/coatings industry.
- Knowledge and use of cloud storage and software support.
The client will look at graduates with relevant qualifications and communication skills!
Axis is a recruitment agency.