Branch Customer Service Adviser
Job Title: Branch Customer Service Adviser
Salary: £16,500 - £17,500
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical bank with branches across the country and our brand new head office in central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group, we've got exciting growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
We're looking for a Branch Customer Service Advisor to join part of our branch network. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career.
We offer great benefits including an attractive basic salary, a competitive incentive scheme, private medical insurance and 25 days holiday.
Purpose of the role:
- To deliver exceptional retail performance through the implementation of the cashiering design and agreed service model.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Delivering Service & Sales Excellence
- Work with the Deputy Branch Manager to ensure the delivery of an excellent and consistent customer service and sales experience for customers
- Achieve personal performance objectives relating to:
- Customer Experience
- Sales of products and services
- Retail discipline
- Regulatory, risk and rigour standards
- Understand and promote the Company Mission, Brand and Customer Service Standards
- Identify when and where to refer the customer to the appropriate area for specialist sales help or advice
- Contribute towards the achievement of the outlet sales performance objectives.
Delivering Operational Excellence
- Responsible for ensuring satisfactory standard of operational risk and compliance are achieved when dealing with customers
- Actively consider transactions to identify Money Laundering and Fraudulent activities
- Will be required to operate a sterling or other currencies till
- Readily give support to Deputy Branch Manager undertaking additional duties when they arise
- Work closely with Deputy Branch Manager managing the ATM, till and vault.
- Work closely with the branch staff as one team to deliver exceptional outlet performance
- Share knowledge, experience and best practice with other team members
- Take an active part in team activities
- Raise the Banks profile by participating in local events aimed at being part of the local community
- On occasions work at different locations as per business needs
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the role:
- Good Educational minimum of four GCSE’s grade 'C’ or above must include English and Maths.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good keyboard and PC skills
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- Team working
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Proven customer service skills
- Worked in a regulated environment
- Banking experience
- Cash handling experience