In-direct Tax Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Stockport area for an Indirect Tax Manager to join one of the globes leading Service providers. This is a new position due to the growth of the business and the diversity of clients the company work with. Boasting sites in more than 20 countries across the globe including, Amsterdam, Boston, France and Italy.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working within a large team your primary focus will be to manage all Tax aspects of the business therefore strong experience of indirect tax, specifically VAT is essential.
- Advisor to the Business and wider Group on VAT legislation around printed matter and marketing services
- Review of contracts and commercials to offer advice for VAT efficiencies to clients
- Support the review of ongoing R&D activities being undertaken by the Business, in order to ensure that claim criteria is being met and that future claims can be made
- Support and review transfer pricing policies and transactions to ensure compliance
- Provide tax support to the Group for example relating to the tax implications of working with global clients, doing business in new countries, review of contractual clauses and tax input into business plans
- Support for overseas sales tax outside of EU i.e. USA and an understanding of what triggers a NEXUS
- Ownership of the process for the preparation, validation and submission of monthly Intrastat and ECSL for all VAT registered group companies
- Preparation, validation and submission of monthly sales tax reporting
- Point of contact for the Business with any tax enquiries
- Hosting regular workshops and in-house training courses for account management to enhance understanding of industry tax rules and regulations
Experience & Qualifications required:
- A graduate (2.1 or above) and ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Accounting firm experience
- 2 Year PQE minimum
- 2 years VAT experience
- Highly analytical with the ability to analyse and interpret significant quantities of financial data and relate back to business issues.
- MS Excel - Intermediate level or above
- Commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
In return you will receive a Competitive Salary, Private Medical, Life Insurance and on-site parking. If this is a role you feel you'd be suitable for, please send your CV to for immediate consideration.