Payroll Team Leader - Fixed term contract
My client is seeking a Payroll Team Leader to join them on a 6 month fixed term contract with a pro rata salary of between £30,000 - £35,000
The position is based in Manchester City Centre, close to Victoria train station and is easily accessible.
My client has recently moved into new offices, their headquarters in Manchester are modern and open plan creating a positive working environment for employees. Interviews for this role will be taking place ASAP with managers hoping to have a candidate in place by January 2017.
The Payroll Team Leader is responsible for managing all cyclical and supplemental payrolls and providing end of cycle financial reports through liaising with regulatory bodies. The Payroll Team Leader will also be expected to manage required changes to the Payroll system and be responsible for the leadership and management of a team of Payroll Specialists ensuring a professional payroll service is provided and Colleagues are paid accurately and on time.
• Manages all people management activities for a large team of Payroll Specialists, ensuring effective on-boarding, performance management, development and adherence to policies and processes to meet the desired levels of service
• Escalation point for Payroll Specialists with complex queries and collaboration between counterpart Payroll Team Leaders to share knowledge and good practice and to ensure effective balance of team capacity, capabilities and service
• Works closely with HR Operations & CoE Total Reward Leads to ensure legal and fiscal compliance for new or changes to employee Group Reward & Benefits
• Manages payroll compliance under Audit, Data Privacy and Data Protection guidelines and checking and signing off of Year End Reporting
• Day to day management of Operational Payroll Budget and managing the Payroll team within these remits
• Experience with basic Microsoft Office functionality (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong subject matter expert within payroll
• The ability to manage motivate and coach a team to achieve required productivity levels in a fast paced environment
• Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner; effective listening and good verbal and written communication skills
• Consistently demonstrates collaboration and a One Team approach to activities and tasks
• Contributes to a positive team environment - is helpful and supportive of other team members and understands team priorities
• Good planning and organisation skills to deliver operational requirements
Rullion Group is an equal opportunities employer.