Ophthalmic Theatre Scrub Nurse
Full Time Mon - Sat 8am - 6pm
NEGOTIABLE SALARY DOE
We are pleased to be recruiting for this privately owned small specialist hospital in central Manchester. My client is the leading provider of medical and surgical eye patient services experts in cataract surgery and medical/ surgical eye problems with leading ophthalmic surgeons on board. CQC compliant, Award winning service excellent opportunity for a Nurse who has a passion for working in Theatres and happy to work in Ophthalmics.
As a Registered General Nurse you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering the highest standard of care to our patients. You will have a passion for delivering excellent nursing care in a dynamic and innovative theatre environment. Responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic service including surgery, pre-operative assessment and post-operative care.
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance.
- Undertake all care for patients whilst in the hospital including diagnostic tests, pre-operative assessment, peri operative and post-operative care.
- Provide scrub experience for clinical procedures.
- Administer drugs in accordance with the NMC guidelines for the safe and secure handling of medicines.
- Assist the consultant and clinical team in the delivery of all ophthalmic care.
- Prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use.
- Ensure the correct storage of all equipment.
- Assist with stock control, ensuring realistic par levels are maintained and all items are readily available.
- Manages all the diagnostic equipment on a daily basis.
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Minimum of one year's post registration experience in a clinical/hospital setting.
- Current NMC registration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, outlook, excel, word and power point.
It is essential that you have a real passion for theatre
To apply for this role please send your CV to
Keywords: RGN, Registered Nurse, Ophthalmic Nurse, Ophthalmology, Manchester, Medical and Nursing, Theatre/ Scrub Opthalmic Nurse,