Salary up to 35,000 depending on experience
Our Client is a global and diversified consumer products company and has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join their UK Operations department based in Manchester.
The main purpose of your role is to grow market share by developing competitive products for the EU market
and constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity, market trends and consumer needs.
- Review quarterly/annual sales performance, working with local markets to understand any anomalies and analyse & compare with prior year.
- Liaising with the Global team and the EU Consultant to initiate ongoing cost improvement initiatives across new & existing products.
- Brief and work with design agency and in-house studio to develop packaging, ensuring clear step-up within product range.
- Ensure on-pack claims and messaging is strong, clear and has passed legal checks.
- Conduct price analysis across the product portfolio and make recommendations to as to where improvements could be made.
- Ensure product margins remain competitive whilst working within confines of fluctuating exchange rate and increasing material costs.
- Pro-actively support the development of global product concepts with Regional product teams in order to encourage consistency & cost-saving.
- Initiate internal testing/surveys to gauge product quality/usability prior to launch.
- Organise and support consumer research projects with external agencies, making evidence-based recommendations.
- Provide on-going trouble-shooting support on all products for all internal departments (Engineering, Logistics etc.) and Countries.
- Co-ordinate samples for regional sales and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working as Product Manager - preferably within a consumer electronics or similar environment. You must have solid communication and articulation skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
This is an opportunity for someone who takes pride in the important support they provide. You will have an eye for detail and take extra lengths to satisfy the needs of clients. You must be confident, passionate and thrives off working in a fast paced and busy team environment.
In return our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress in a thriving business.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants on quoting reference number: NJR5614
KEYWORDS: Product Manager, Customer services, Manager, People Management, Marketing