Property Insurance Litigation Solicitor/FCILEx/Senior Paralegal
Property Insurance Solicitor - Bristol
An excellent opportunity has presented itself to join my client's Property Insurance Litigation Group, which forms part of my client's Civil Litigation Division and acts for property insurers to recover their outlay from third parties. As part of that Group, you will work as a case handler within the Complex Claims team. The Complex Claims team's work is varied, high value and highly technical and will challenge the successful applicant on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and focussed individual with good experience of civil litigation and/or insurance related claims. You will litigate your own varied caseload of recovery claims based in breach of contract, breach of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, negligence and nuisance across the fast and multi-tracks and in the TCC, and you will also handle your own mediations.
- Managing your own caseload of litigated claims through the pre-action stages to issue and then final judgment making use of our case management system.
2. Completing related legal drafting, applications and assembly of evidence as required.
3. Instructing and liaising with external Counsel and in-house Advocates on behalf of the Group;
4. Dealing with professional and lay clients on the phone and (where necessary) face to face.
5. Representing clients at case management conferences and application hearings.
6. Complying with insurer client's agreed service level agreements
7. Supervision of less experienced members of the Group
- Solid case management experience, dealing with cases from start to finish.
2. Sound procedural knowledge
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Legal drafting skills are essential to the role
5. Excellent tactical skills and a pragmatic approach to litigated files.
6. Strong organisational skills
7. Excellent negotiation skills
1. Practical experience of litigation including civil procedure knowledge
2. Experience of assembling evidence and preparing cases for trial
3. Used to working to tight deadlines
4. Previous experience in dealing with fast track and multi track matters.
1. Experience of litigating across a variety of causes of action
2. Practical knowledge or experience of insurance/building/construction/ property management or similar
1. Qualified solicitor
2. Civil Litigation FCILEx
3. Equivalent experience
Please contact Jack Smith, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.