We’re on the lookout for a knowledgeable and energetic person to join this educational facility as a Job Coach, helping students reach their potential through work experience and employment. You’ll have experience working with people with learning disabilities, and you’ll also boast excellent teaching, training, coaching and rapport building skills. There are a wide range of benefits to be had at this company including season ticket loans, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers and more.
Working hours are Tuesday to Thursday, 9am-3.30pm, but they’re open to negotiating times.
About the role:
- Coach, support and assess college students to determine their career aspirations
- Organise and arrange all internal and external taster sessions, apprenticeships and employment placements in line with the curriculum and student aspirations
- Arrange relevant work experience, employment and training for all students in accordance with their learning plan
- Provide on-the-job coaching and training to students enabling them to become competent, independent and reach their full potential
- Review and complete risk assessments where necessary
- Work collaboratively with students, families and staff to ensure their contribution enhances the quality of the programme
- You’ll have the drive and initiative to support individual students to reach their goals
- You’ll be fully aware of and understand the principles of safeguarding vulnerable individuals
- Good communication skills are a must as is the ability to speak to different levels of stakeholders
- Team player
- Extremely organised, with good levels of English, Maths and ICT
- Self-motivated and ability to utilise own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to show empathy, care and understanding towards students
This is a wonderful role for an experienced candidate who is committed to the personal development of the students. You’ll be excited to help students gain work experience and employment including facilitating the training and practical skills required for the working world.
If this sounds like a perfect role for you, please apply here today.
Please note a full DBS check will be undertaken by the employer prior to employment.