Mechanical Project Design Engineer
£28,000 - £33,000 Basic Salary + Bonus (10% company + 10% department) + Stakeholders Pension + 25 days holiday
Our client is a market leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Mechanical Project Design Engineer, based near Smethwick.
Our client has strategic plans for further expansion and are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
Aim of this role
Help instigate the ethos of engineering wrapping around the product, both offering technical benefits to internal personal and customers and also providing solutions/designs to customer problems predominantly for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul locations supporting both the on site integrated solutions and Distribution and Engineering functions.
Long Term aim of the role:
Design Assemblies using Bearings and Drives mainly for MRO and end users to try and improve current machinery or to remove obsolesce. Visit the customer, design on CAD, calculate loading speed etc. write fitting procedure and where applicable assemble in house or externally. Offer technical help and calculations to customers and branch network and help specify components where required. Look after the HSEQ and quality improvement of the Bearing department including dealing with quality issues from customers and suppliers.
What the role will involve initially:
- Assist in developing and delivering a sustainable project pipelines
- Manage projects from the outset to commissioning at customer site
- Managing personnel at workshops and other technical centres and also in the various commercial functions ensuring the projects are profitable and deliver on time and to the specification agreed with the customer
- Develop an in depth knowledge in one of the highlighted areas where the Product Business Units wants to target growth, this will be an area for the candidate to manage and help technical know-how exchange
- Produce CAD data for the webshop
- Be involved with bespoke project design work
- Support external engineering function with prompt response to support field activity
- Support the Senior Project Engineer and other business units on large capital projects
- When required visit customers or suppliers to provide on-site support
- Comply with company values and health and safety policy at all times
- Assist with training of personal to help increase the knowledge base within the company
- Present project updates and clear critical paths to management and peers on a frequent basis
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Offer telephone technical support to personnel and customers
- Be able to recognise the importance of customer service
- Possess strong communication skills
- Good industrial engineering knowledge
- Have a good commercial awareness
- Be methodical and well organised
- Have good experience of Microsoft Applications, i.e. Microsoft Excel
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Project Management skills
- Self-motivated and an ability to generate own workloads relative to specific projects
- Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics
- Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.