247 Professional Health are currently looking for Full time Support Workers with experience within Learning Disability Services and/or Mental Health Organisations or who have worked with service users with dual diagnosis.
Purpose of the Position:
To work as part of a team providing care and support to individuals within the service, based on the person centered life principles of choice, competence, community participation, and respect and community presence.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and maintain the skills of the service user by encouraging and involving them in day to day activities, participating in service users’ chosen activities and enhancing community networks.
- To facilitate and support the person to make all decisions affecting their life.
- To contribute to, implement and monitor service user’s support agreement in consultation with the service user.
- To support the service user maintain their health and general well being.
- To support the service user with personal care as required
- To carry out household duties, in a way that involves the person as much as possible.
- To administer medication according to procedure.
- To support the service user to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the service user when required.
- To assist in the general administration of the service, including updating daily diaries, communication book, incident/accident forms etc.
- To communicate effectively with outside agencies, professionals, relatives etc as required.
- To receive regular formal supervision and undertake training as required, and to contribute towards the induction of new staff members.
- To actively support person centred approaches within the service.
(This job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the post holder. The post may include other duties and responsibilities not specified here. It is also likely that changes may be required form time to time.)
247 Professional Health will work closely with our candidates to make sure they are supported and get all the necessary training and guidance that is required. 247 Professional Health is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you are interested in finding out more about any other opportunities in the area please get in contact with 247 Professional Health now to arrange an interview and registration