Java Developer (Back-end)
Role: Java Developer (Back-end)
Location: Greater Manchester
Our client is a very successful fund management company head-quartered in Lancashire, currently managing in excess of £6 billion for both private and professional investors. What makes this a particularly exciting time to join this company is that following period of great success and organic growth, our client is still looking to add to their current portfolio by acquiring new business where possible. If you are looking for a company that is evolving at a steady and solid pace, and which will in turn lead to great career progression, then read on...
With such growth comes the need to strengthen and improve internal infrastructure. With that in mind, our client is now looking for a mid-level Java developer to join an existing team in the design, building and maintenance of a Java product - a business critical tool, essential to all areas of their operations. The developer (back-end) will join an existing team and assist in the evolution and upgrading of the internal software platform, ensuring adequate scalability, resilience and best-practice.
Your duties will be to:
- Design, build, deliver and maintain high quality software solutions;
- to understand the full software development life-cycle (in terms of requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, delivery, training and knowledge sharing) in accordance with industry-wide best practice;
- Work in a team to achieve team and business-critical objectives, as well as compliance and adherence to FCA regulations and internal process;
- Observe and improve standards and best practices within the current team; and
- Make valid and insightful contributions in SCRUM meetings and project meetings.
The right individual will:
1) Be educated to degree level within a tech-related field;
2) Have no less than 1 full year's worth of commercial experience in Core Java including providing user end support;
3) Possess string analytical and problem solving skills; and
4) Have an understanding of SCRUM methodology.
- Core JavaOOD & Java design patterns;
- Java Swing UI (beneficial but not essential);
- SQL (MySQL or similar) & relational databases;
- Source code management (Git / similar);
- Fully understanding of software development life-cycle;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Strong team-working skills and ability.
What's in it for you?
As the current team is quite small, this is an great opportunity for the right person to make their mark within a growing company and specifically within a business critical team.
In return, you will receive an above average salary, as well as a plethora of brilliant benefits such as 7% non-contributory pension, an annual bonus (discretionary), certifiable training and qualifications, private health, death in service, and much, much more. If you are bored and tired of the nightmare commute into Manchester every morning and want a truly interesting position within a company that is going places, then this is the right job for you.
Call Mohsin Patel for a confidential chat.