Production Team Leader
Gi Group are currently recruiting a permanent Production Team Leader for a global food manufacturers, based in Ossett (Wakefield, West Yorkshire). Manufacturing butter and margarine from their modern Ossett site, the Team Leader is responsible a small team of 4-6 operatives on a designated machined production line. Ideally suited to a supervisor with a minimum of 2 years exposure of leading a small team. The role is permanent, with further opportunities of progression within a forward thinking company, in a modern environment.
Hours: 2pm-10pm, 6am-2pm, 10pm-6am rotating over the three shifts (PM/AM/Nights)
Pay: £24,660 per annum (based on 40 hours, £9.88 plus a 20% rotating shift bonus of £1.97 per hour (£11.85 per hour)
(Flexibility for 12 hour shifts, 4 on 4 off, rotating days and nights, advantageous but not essential)
* Lead a team of 4-6 food operatives on a machine operated line producing butter
* Liaise with other teams such as quality/supply chain appropriately
* Recruit and select your own team members
* Induct new members into the team
* Build team skills through skills assessment, training, feedback and support
* Completing performance reports using excel spreadsheets
* Identify those who have the interest and ability to progress into bigger or different roles and facilitate this through agreed procedures.
* Manage team member adherence to standards and coach as required
* Continuously improve standards set
* Support the production team by rectifying / escalating any production issues as they occur including: process, equipment, product quality, safety issues, etc.
* Co-ordinate team member activities during set-up & changeover and communicate accordingly
Person Specification, the ideal candidate must have:
* 1 years minimum supervisory exposure in a manufacturing setting
* Knowledge & understanding of manufacturing processes
* Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data using Excel spreadsheets
* Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* The ability to identify and plan improvements
* A flexible attitude to be successful in a changing environment
* Proven leadership skills
* Effective communicator who facilitates bottom up and top down communication channels
* Good level of physical fitness due to demanding duties
If you meet the above criteria, are able to work in the Ossett area and would like to apply for the permanent role of Food Production Team Leader - please apply and send your CV to Paul Thorpe, or alternatively call Paul on . Gi Group in the UK provides recruitment, staffing and workforce management services to local and national clients of all sizes, placing an average of 15,000 temporary and permanent staff into work nationwide each week across many market sectors.