Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant
We are a fun, friendly, team who specialise in accountancy and bookkeeping for e-commerce businesses and those using online software such as Xero and Brightpearl. The team are hard-working but enjoy regular trips out (e.g. trampolining, golf).
Purpose of Job
The employee will be responsible for a wide range of bookkeeping and administration tasks for a portfolio of different clients.
- Processing of accounting records for clients on modern accounting systems
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Various office and administrative tasks
- Manage portfolio of clients to ensure excellent customer service and quick resolution of any issues
To be agreed. Ideally full-time but could be part-time across 4-5 days (e.g. 10 until 3 Mon-Thurs) to fit in with other commitments.
The majority of work will be carried out at the company office in Swindon.
From time to time, the employee may be required to attend meetings outside of the office. In this case, travel expenses will be paid.
- AAT Level 3 (or equivalent) qualified
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong competence and experience with IT
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work to strict deadlines to produce work of a high standard
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Experience with online accountancy systems
- The candidate should be enthusiastic and self motivated with the ability to work both alone and in a small office environment.
- A clear and concise communicator with the confidence to talk to clients in a professional manner.
Further training will be provided if required.