A fantastic 6 month opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager / Finance Controller based in Central London. This private equity backed FMCG business is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe with a particularly well respected Head of Finance. They are offering unrivalled career prospects and development with the opportunity to become a more permanent fixture in the business based on performance. With luxurious new offices offering a start-up feel they are looking for a steady head with solid FMCG commercial finance experience to join their team.
- Taking complete ownership of the operational financial function and all financial reporting.
- Providing financial analysis and insight into the operational activities, by working directly with the commercial team to help them fully understand the performance of their accounts.
- Managing and developing where necessary a robust control environment and balance sheet.
- Work with the Head of Finance to develop existing KPIs and metrics to enhance the Board's assessment of business performance and market position with full variance analyses and commentaries.
- Oversee both the Finance Executives’ work (their roles fully cover traditional accounts payable and accounts receivable roles, processing broadly all inputs into SAP Business One, the company accounting and ERP software, as well doing most of the heavy lifting for financial reporting purposes).
- Keeping a tight handle on all customer accruals balances. Having monthly meetings with all commercial channel heads to ensure appropriate costs being recorded as per agreed
- Manage weekly meetings with the Operations team to ensure quick identification, quantification and resolution of issues.
- Working with the head of Finance to manage the cash-flow of the business.
- Preparation of monthly payroll.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and ensuring VAT compliance.
- Working with Head of Finance to implement and manage treasury strategy including foreign currency exposure and ensuring international tax, VAT and duty compliance.
- The current Directors are seeking a candidate with FMCG Finance experience. Familiar with working with an FMCG commercial team to help them understand the profitability of their customer accounts. Ideally, you would have commercial finance experience in an FMCG business.
- You must have demonstrable drive to completely own the operational finance and reporting part of the business.
- Desired qualifications and experience Qualifications - CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel experience with SAP Business One advantageous.
Job reference: CB3393