RWE Generation UK Plc are looking to recruit a dynamic EC&I maintenance technician to work at one of their modern power plants at Little Barford, St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
You will work within a small team of highly skilled people, maintaining a modern day power plants.
The role will require a practical and technical approach to identify and rectify plant related issues in addition to supporting the engineering team during periods of maintenance shutdowns.
- Engineering and scheduling of EC&I defects
- Carry out routine maintenance activities on all plant and equipment
- Undertake the preparation and implementation of small projects
- Manage Contracts relating to maintenance requirements
- Provide hands-on support to maintenance activities as appropriate
- Provide out of hours call out for breakdown support and planned outages
Skills and experience
- A recognised Electrical or control and instrumentation apprenticeship
- Knowledge of control systems, protection systems, switchgear up to 6.6kV desirable
- Minimum BTEC/ONC/NVQ level III qualifications in electrical and control equipment
- Self- Motivated team player, but able to work with minimal supervision
The role will attract a salary up to £45000, dependent on experience, plus, a £2000 flexibility payment, up to 10% bonus, overtime, private medical insurance and a contributory pension scheme. You will also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way, we will give you all the support you need to develop your skill set a
nd achieve your long-term ambitions.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
RWE stands for security of energy supply and provides flexible capacity, making it a key partner to enable the UK to transition to a zero carbon electricity future. RWE is the UK’s second largest generator, supplying around 15% of the UK’s electricity with over 8.5GW of installed capacity. RWE owns and operates the UK’s largest fleet of gas-powered stations, along with a small amount of coal and biomass. The gas fleet includes two of the most modern and highly efficient plant, that are capable of providing 4GW of clean baseload power (enough to power 6m homes) and vital flexibility services to the grid. This capacity and flexibility is key to having secure electricity supply in the UK. RWE’s sites are located across England, Wales and Scotland and the business provides over 1,500 highly skilled jobs in the UK.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .