Paralegal (Commercial organisation)
Exceptional opportunity to join a young, dynamic company.
My client works on behalf of commercial clients, managing debt recovery.
They are a fast growing and successful business with a great working environment and a happy, hard-working team with a positive outlook.
They are proud to be an accredited Investors in People "Gold" organisation. They reward high achievers and give them respect and responsibility.
My client needs a qualified Paralegal to support the collections team.
You will be researching issues and advising senior management on all relevant aspects of commercial contract and civil law.
This position could also encompass a very interesting internal compliance role, as the company is bound by a number of externally audited schemes and regulations.
Elements of your role could include:
- managing regulatory compliance, both voluntary schemes and regulatory
- responding to escalated complaints and appeals
- preparing and filing cases relating to complaints and appeals for an external industry adjudicator
- legal research on regulatory issues
- providing legal research and advice on commercial and contractual issues as they appear within the business
- acting as liaison to our solicitors and other third parties assisting us
- preparing legal documents and attending court on our behalf, where appropriate, by assisting our external solicitor or, attending simpler cases alone, with rights of audience, and with guidance from our external solicitors
- liaising with clients as appropriate
- covering other duties in the section during staff absences.
This role is suitable for somebody looking to use their specialist experience and qualifications in law to benefit a busy commercial organisation; it is not a training role to be used as a direct pathway to practice as a solicitor.
You will have a natural interest in contract law and compliance issues.
Your background will include direct experience in a civil collections environment, or a relevant department in a legal practice, or other experience of compliance and contract law.
Qualifications will include a Paralegal Practice Certificate, Diploma or Higher Diploma.
Your personal skills and attributes will include:
- good organisational and time management skills
- excellent spoken and written communication skills
- patience and tact
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- research skills
- negotiation and problem-solving skills
- computing and administration skills
- respect for confidential information.
Benefits of working here
In addition to a starting salary range of £24k-£32k, you will also receive a range of employee benefits that include 33 days' holiday, bonuses and a workplace pension.
This is a superb opportunity for a qualified Paralegal who wants to really make a difference in a successful commercial organisation which values high performance and commitment. Apply right now!