Senior Technical Author - Engineering
Senior Technical Author - Engineering - Peterborough
Our client, a major manufacturer of diesel engines in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, have an opportunity for a Senior Technical Author to join their team on an initial 12-month basis. A rate of up to £29 p/h (umbrella/ Ltd.,) rate.
As technical author you will utilize Authoring software tools to develop and maintain a variety Diesel Engine Service Publications. This includes Service Manuals, Service Periodicals & Tooling Catalogues, for both new and existing products. The development and maintenance of accurate and easy to use Service Publications is essential in support of the objective to maximize the Service Capability of Dealers & Distributors Globally.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Author
- Accountability for completing assignments regarding complex systems that require intensive analysis/research. They are responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of each assignment done.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of each publication and it is also the responsibility of the Author to ensure each publication is authored to the established documentation standards.
- Planning and time management skills to author and publish Each Publication to an agreed completion date.
- Receive Customer Feedback and action any resulting changes to Publications.
- Receive Document Content outline from various sources including the Engineering Teams and Enterprise Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Using various authoring tools such as ACM, Framemaker, Adobe Creative Studio and general Microsoft Programs.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Senior Technical Author role
- Knowledge of engine components (or similar industrial products / integration within assy.)
- Engineering drawing, illustration and model understanding / knowledge
- Ability to interpret basic technical data
- Good working knowledge of engines authoring and graphics software systems - e.g. NCR Windchill / ACM
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge, e.g. 1/2 years' experience
- Strong working knowledge of authoring and graphics software systems
- The ability to utilize a variety of computer software packages is necessary
- The ability to understand complex data structures and present the data to the user group in a structured format.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.