IT Engineer - MPSREC008
IT Engineer - MPSREC008
My client is a Cornish integration company looking for an IT Engineer (MPSREC008) to join their rapidly expanding technology business. They are keen to find the right person to join their dynamic Technical Services team.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced role working with a diverse variety of clients, where every day has exciting new opportunities, then you’ll fit well into their working culture.
In return, they offer good rates of pay and a huge amount of scope for you to further your experience with a company dedicated to quality and excellence.
The Job Role
Providing first line support for our Helpdesk. This will involve:
- Answering the phones and logging associated tickets to the helpdesk system,
- Monitoring the service board for new tickets
- Responding to clients as well as building and servicing client systems.
- Providing support to clients remotely where appropriate.
We are looking for
A highly motivated person with a foundation level of IT experience and interest, with a keen desire to learn and grow your technical ability.
Your strong analytical skills with excellent customer service, a friendly and approachable atmosphere and an attention to detail will be fundamental
Key Skills Required - Essential
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must work well with little supervision both individually and in a team environment.
- DBS Checked (or will pass DBS)
- Full clean drivers license and use of a car or van
- A flexible, motivated approach and positive outlook
- Works well under pressure
- The ability to understand technical support issues, and provide initial support and diagnosis
- Practical experience implementing or supporting a Microsoft environment
- Experience in working with Windows XP up to10 including MS office 2007 up to 2016 and Office 365 and other common desktop applications
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out with due regard to Microcomms Professional Services Ltd’s quality procedures, any Health and Safety regulations and current company law e.g. the Data Protection Act and Inland Revenue requirements
- A thorough and meticulous work ethic
Key Skills Required - Desirable
- Experience with deploying Office, Office 365 and Exchange migrations.
- The design and administration of wireless systems.
- Experience of hosted or cloud based VOIP/SIP telephony systems
- Experience of the ITIL Framework
- Experience working with data cabling (Cat5/6 & fibre)
- Knowledge of Audio visual equipment or CCTV
- Knowledge of VPN, DNS, DHCP, TCPIP Networking and routing.
- Experience configuring NAS, SAN, network switching, firewalls and routers
- Experience of using a Helpdesk/Service desk system
- Working towards industry recognised IT certifications an advantage
REF CW656B - MPSREC008
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.