VP Finance -Special Products Group
Morson International are currently recruiting for VP Finance- Special Products Group; to join a truly global aerospace manufacturing organisation. The organisation has multiple sites in the UK and USA and this position will lead, plan, direct and the control the Finance and IT functions for Special Products Group at the following locations. Luton, Portsmouth, Kings Norton and 2 sites in the USA.
The key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for a multi-site P&L and for rolling up to a single business view.
- Work closely with the SVP/GM's to deliver Budgets and Strategy .
- To provide insight into site financial performance and support SVP SPG and CFO ESPG in communications to Aerospace Division on financial performance and forecasts.
- Participate in 'gate reviews' and provide financial support to the winning of new business.
- Manage capital appropriations to ensure that capital expenditures are budgeted, properly authorized, spend is controlled and to confirmvalue delivered from the projects.
- Work closely with the SPG Leadership to implement financial aspects of the GOLD operating system and Programme Management. In particular to take responsibility for ensuring Programme Budgets do not over-run without approval.
- Support the development of the SPG global footprint.
- Ensure that financial systems, controls, delegated authorities and reporting throughout the Special Products Group comply with all national rules and regulations and comply with the clients policies and procedures such as GRiP.
- In conjunction with the clients tax, ensure full compliance with all tax and duty regimes in the countries in which SPG operates.
- To own the SPG Enterprise Risk Management Process and to co-ordinate action on the management team to mitigate enterprise risks.
- To support compliance with regulations particularly relevant in a defence relatedbusiness including but not limited to export control, ITAR, DFARS and Anti Bribery and Corruption legislation.
- Ensure that the IT and finance departments in the operating businesses have the appropriate calibre ofstaff and that development plans are in place to ensure peoples' potential is maximized. To ensure recruitment and promotion take account of the clients diversity policies.
- To provide leadership and support to the IT function within the business (In conjunction with IT director Europe and Special Products) and to ensure the business has in place necessary information systems and capabilities to operate securely, effectively and efficiently.
Qualification and Skills:
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent.
- Professional Finance Qualification
- Business adminstration qualification
Specific Funcitional Capabilities, Knowledge and skills required.
Financial leadership experience in a manufacturing environment and in supporting executives in a financial capacity within an international environment - Experience in a programme orientated environment preferred - Proven ability to establish, maintain and influence effective working relationships with internal and external customers - Proven ability to effectively handle complex, situations and to perform effective analyses in order to reach appropriate solutions - Evidence of an ability to instil sound financial management practices, and experience of introducing first class management reporting and control
40% travel. Regular between UK Sites and US businesses.
Able to gain MOD Security Clearance and ITAR clearance - (UK National or resident in Country for mimimum 10 years), Clean Criminal Record and Credit History.