Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor
Manage all work areas which include CNC press, guillotines, brake presses, saws and stock control.
- Oversee and monitor progress on all work within the department.
- Allocate material & manpower as required to avoid bottlenecks and deliver the production plan.
- Ensure that staff meet individual targets in terms of on time delivery and satisfaction to required standards of quality.
- Report to immediate superior any production related or quality problems.
- Recommend and arrange for overtime working as appropriate to the needs of the department.
- Work to the requirements of the quality management system.
- Ensure that inspection checks are performed to minimise non-conformance
- Monitor levels of scrap and rework and identify corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure all manufacturing is completed to the correct revision of drawing/route card and work instructions
- Documenting and recording working methods and work instructions on new products and processes.
- Ensure all workshop paperwork is completed in accordance with company operating procedures.
- Report on all plant breakdowns and arrange repair.
- Monitor workshop staff timekeeping and attendance.
- Ensure staff have a safe working environment
- Contribute to continual improvement activities and projects
- Work as a team member of an existing management group comprising assembly supervisors, Production Planning and Production Engineering.
Minimum of 5 years in a sheet metal environment.
Engineering qualification - ideally HNC or equivalent.
Proven record of team supervision/Management.
Experience in management of Health & Safety
Skills and Abilities:
Good communication skills.
Ability to read technical drawings.
Power and brake press experience
Wilde Associates are working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this vacancy.