Head of Healthcare - HM Prison
Head of Healthcare - HM Prison
Hours: 40 Hours per Week (Monday-Friday, 9-5)
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, plus 10% performance based bonus
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years.
Main duties of a Head of Healthcare
- The Head of Healthcare will be accountable for the operational delivery of prison healthcare services and its subcontractors into HMP. They will also develop and maintain compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines, managing the service within its financial framework.
- Provide strategic, operational management and leadership to the prison clinical teams and visiting professionals.
- Manage and contribute to the development of healthcare services within the prison to establish an equivalence of care to that of the NHS, operating within prison service standards Prison Service Orders (PSOs), National Service Frameworks & NICE guidance
- Liaison with appropriate stakeholders to support ongoing development of Offender Health.
- Producing informative and detailed reports and presentations that represent the complexity of the environment and situations
- Undertake clinical audit of nursing practice in line with agreed audit schedules
- The post holder will contribute to both CQC and NOMS joint inspections?
- Contribute to continuously improving the patient experience through effective patient engagement and quality initiatives.
- To undertake performance reviews for direct reports on an annual basis ensuring feedback on performance is given at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with your team on a timely basis ensuring robust systems exist so that members of staff are kept informed.
- Undertake and participate in recruitment and selection of staff and implement induction probationary procedures in line with HR Management.
- Identifies the needs of internal and external customers and adds value by exceeding these through the quality of service provided.
- Creates and sustains mutually beneficial relationships with customers based on a track record of delivery and trust.
- Maintains a clear focus on service level indicators.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency of work processes.
- Applies skills, effort and judgement required to get the job done.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Leads by example and coaching.
- Works cooperatively and productively with others, openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve team goals.
- Utilises influencing skills to good advantage where appropriate.
- Keeps up to date on current internal and external procedures and regulations.
- Aware of the need to adopt differing styles and approaches for differing groups of people and adapts behaviours accordingly.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Registered as RGN, dual RGN & RMN or Paramedic.
- Management experience within a clinical environment
- Senior leadership experience and ability to operate at a strategic level
- Evidence of service improvement capability
- Competent in oral and written English.
- Full membership of the NMC/HCPC.
- Previous nursing/paramedic experience obtained within a custody or A&E environment would be
Employee Benefits Include
- Life assurance
- Healthy Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Many more
For more information/guidance on how to apply, call Jordan on (option.4) / email
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.