Secondary School Teaching Assistants - Vale of Glamorgan
Staffroom Education are looking for experienced Learning Support Assistants (LSA) to work within Secondary Schools in The Vale of Glamorgan. With the new year upon us and the busy period for supply; we are looking for candidates who are flexible and have a passion of working with children as we can offer a range of Teaching Assistant vacancies within several secondary schools in The Vale. We cover day to day positions as well as short and long-term vacancies.
The schools in which we are working with not only require general support within the classroom but also offer a number of 1:1 positions. So, if you are passionate about working with children and have experience within this field then why not apply. We also work closely with ACT Training where you can study your Teaching Assistant qualification whilst on supply with Staffroom.
Candidates should have at least 3 months, recent experience of working within a classroom environment or hold the relevant Teaching Assistant Qualification Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 or degree in Early Years and Education or Childhood Studies.
The role of the Teaching Assistant is:
- Help prepare the classroom before class
- Tidy the classroom at the end of each class
- Support the teacher when needed
- Support reading groups
- Help with group activities
- Provide one to one support as well as working within small groups
- Help with administrative tasks
- Provide feedback to the teacher on the pupil’s progress
- To be aware of the planning and preparation of work
- To assist with the development of basic Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills
We are looking for candidates who are hardworking, organised, reliable and flexible. You should also have a good understanding of the school curriculum. If you are looking for supply work as a classroom assistant why not apply today.
This role, along with all other teaching assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS); Guaranteed Pay Scheme; Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please click 'Apply Now' and follow the instructions.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).