We are currently working with this established Lloyd's Broker in the Essex/London area, who are looking to recruit a Broker Backup to join their busy team.
Suitable candidates for the position will already have gained at least 18 - 24 months experience working in a broker backup role and will be looking for a new challenge within a respected Lloyd's broker.
You will need to be able to cope with a busy work environment dealing with varied tasks throughout the day.
Reporting directly to the Broker Support manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Produce and process open market slips and assist with binding authorities.
- Produce slips/endorsements, cover notes, policy schedules, debit notes and monthly lineslip declarations.
- Back up broking if necessary (initially endorsements)
- Manage Atlas and Lineage
- Daily use of A&S systems
- Liaise with claims team on claims issues & reports
- Keeping track of all binder renewals, reviewing performance and sending renewal notices and chasers
- Premium payment chasing
- Compliance with Procedures and Regulatory requirements
- General administration
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organised manner and present these to senior management as and when required.
- Dealing with any ad hoc duties
- This is a pivotal position within the company and therefore demands a responsible attitude. All round broker support experience is essential as is a confidence with computers. Ideally you will be part ACII qualified.
- The ideal candidate will need to have strong computer skills and have experience using the Brokasure system. Good communicational and organisational skills are also essential.
Other desirable skills are:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
Our client is committed to continuous professional education and will offer study support when required.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Please apply here for our clients attention. Should you require any further information, please contact Su Partridge to discuss further.
The Recruiter Specialists are acting as a Recruitment Agency Recruiting for the Insurance sector for over twenty five years.