Apprentice Warehouse Operative x2
Location - Radar Road, Leicester, LE3 1TL
MDA (Part of Bunzl) are the UK's leading Marketing Services provider, with innovation at heart. For over 30 years we’ve provided best-in-class Marketing Services and POS Fulfilment solutions to the world’s biggest brands, including Nestle, Diageo, Heineken, Morrison’s, and Coca-Cola.
£148.00 - £160.00
- Rotating shifts between 6am and 10pm. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To receive all MDA stock, returns and process accurately back to stock.
- Picking and packing of orders.
- Pick orders from locations on the picking list.
- Pack orders with products listed on sales order list.
- Process waste into appropriate waste categories for collection by our environmental partner.
- Use handheld RF scanners and PC applications to conduct duties (Training provided)
- Accurately despatch parcels.
- Communicate any challenges or issues to department Team Leader or Section Manager.
- Maintain a safe working environment, observing health and safety procedures at all times. Ensure that the work area is kept clean and free from hazards and waste at all times.
- Undertake other duties as required in order to support the business in achieving excellence for all customers.
- Ability to carry out duties accurately.
- Ability to follow verbal instruction or written process.
- Work effectively within a team to achieve the daily picking and packing of orders.
- Able to pack orders in a cost effective way.
- Basic computer skills.
- High energy levels.
- Understanding of basic Health and safety requirements and carryout out duties in accordance.
A hardworking individual who thrives in achieving their daily challenges, with a ‘can do’ attitude. A trustworthy and reliable individual, who can follow procedures to achieve their daily tasks.Qualifications required
Maths and English grade minimum D (GCSE) or equivalentTraining provided
- Level 2 Warehousing Qualification
- On the job training
- Monthly visits from your tutor
- Pay & Bonus - £3.70 per hour for the first two months.
- £3.80 per hour after two months
- £4.00 per hour after 6 months.
- £125 per quarter attendance bonus * conditions apply
- £250 retention bonus if still in employment at 6 months *conditions apply Other Benefits -
- Employment at normal rates of pay after 12 months * subject to availability
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Access to Bunzl Discounts • £1,000 in vouchers for MDA’s apprentice of the year 2017
- Eligible to be nominated for a Gold Standard Award & Social events, mda
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79184140