Commercial Finance Manager
Our client with a global presence is looking to attract a qualified Financial Accountant to become a Commercial Finance Manager to join their team in Hemel Hempstead. You will be part of the team responsible for the pricing and financials on some of the most significant external bids ranging in value from £1 million up to £100+million. This role will have you working with almost every department from technical teams up to Board Directors. It is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Accountant looking to get into a commercial, business driven environment.
Using analytical experience and awareness of current accounting standards to efficiently collate, validate, understand, analyse and present the costs and assumptions underpinning the financial models. This will require engagement with various internal teams including, but not limited to, solutions, technical, procurement, delivery, sales, risk, commercial, legal, finance, tax, and client account management.
- Performing adequate checks on the accuracy and completeness of financial models
- Preparing and presenting alternative commercial options and scenarios
- Where required from time to time, supporting dialogue with suppliers and clients
- Supporting the contract development and legal teams with financial information relevant to the project
- Supporting colleagues in the Commercial Finance Team during their holiday periods and with deadlines on other projects within the Team
- Assisting with the project governance process - providing supporting material and responding to actions where required
- Engaging and communicating regularly with key stakeholders including the Commercial Development Director
- Formal accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA)
- Accountancy and/or audit employment background
- Awareness of current accounting standards and principles
- Advanced numeracy, including ability to model scenarios and sensitivities
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Responding positively to tight deadlines, working additional hours where necessary to meet requirements to a high standard
- Experience of working on projects in a financial capacity
- Experience of working for clients (internal or external)
- Eligibility for SC clearance
Desired skills & experience
- Awareness of IT/BPO projects and services
- Experience of working directly with or for external clients and their advisors
- Experience of a corporate finance project environment with an accountancy practice employer
- Experience of working within large projects
This is a full time position working Monday - Friday, 9am-5:30pm
Our client offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package in addition to excellent career progression and development opportunities.
Please apply online to be considered.