Development Project Manager
An exciting opportunity for a Development Manager looking to play a significant part in the future of a growing Digital Business within the Games Industry. This could be an ideal opportunity for a technical project manager or scrum master to step up to a Development Manager position. Your background will include all aspects of the software development, analysis and design life cycle. You must have previous line management experience and ideally have held a Scrum Master role or run Sprints.
Experience of.NET based development projects is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage software development team to deliver functional software within specified development plans for the programme
- Plan and define the allocation of tasks to the development team to meet development milestones set following the Agile methodology and act as a Scrum Master, working closely with the Product Manager.
- Work with the Product Manager to manage user requirements, change controls and other system amendments
- Provide updates and progress to Senior Management and Board
- Ensure appropriate governance, levels of quality, documentation review for the development team.
- Ensure early identification of potential problems in the delivery cycle and feed this back to senior management.
- Experience of working closely with the customer, gathering requirements, defining project deliverables, providing management information and managing a team to deliver.
- Facilitate and manage the required meetings between product owners, SMTs, and the Dev team.
- Identify resource requirements based on expected priorities, based on the Product Backlog.
- Have a hands-on, methodical approach to manage risks and issues effectively with timely escalation to higher management
- Ensure production and delivery of high quality code built on proper and robust architecture
- Be able to work on own initiative, be self-motivated, take on responsibility for solution delivery, be able to work under pressure and be able to multi-task.
- Produce quality test plans and manage all aspects of system and user testing
- Provide technical support to eTailers and colleagues, resolve any API queries and assist with integration
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of C# and MVC essential
- Experience of.NET based development projects is essential.
- Experience of API RESTful services
- Experience of working with as project manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner.
- Experience of building/managing/implementing change within software teams. Agile software development experience, preferably expertise using Atlassian products is highly favourable.
- Experience of building/managing/implementing change within software teams.
- Experience of the data technologies required to support the business.
- A delivery focussed approach and attitude, and strength in managing and driving change.
- An expert understanding of the investment life cycle.
- A strong, analytical mind, comfortable working on complex problems.
Strong English skills (including speaking)
- Staff Games Room
- 25 days holiday allowance with shorter working hours on your birthday
- Great working environment with flexible working
- Free parking
- Perkbox Subscription
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Relaxed Dress Code