Are you a Cover Supervisor keen to support pupils in the absence of teaching staff? Or do you have experience of working with children and want to become a Cover Supervisor? We have an exciting long term opportunity to join a team of experienced teaching staff, supporting across a variety of subjects and year groups.
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school
- Applying the school's behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher
- Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contributing to pupil records
- Administering (and marking) class tests
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant
- Abiding by and working towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, health & safety, equal opportunities
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children's Services Department's Equal Opportunities Policy
We welcome applicants from graduates with experience of:
- Teaching assistant in primary, secondary and special needs schools
- Coordinating workshops (such as drama, art, outdoor workshops etc)
- Sports coaching
- Working with children as part of church/community/mosque groups
- Working in after school clubs/ breakfast clubs/ holiday clubs
- Working as a carer in a children's home
- Youth Worker / Brownies/Guides/ Sunday school teacher
- Previous Forces or Emergency Services personnel
Applicants must be able to provide at interview a 10 year work history and details of referees to account for the last 2 years including relevant experience of working with children referenced.
Applicants will be subject to Randstad's child safety standards including criminal record checks and UK eligibility checks.
We offer a full training course for Cover Supervisors and a personal approach to all applicants to ensure the right opportunities for you suited to your circumstances.
For more information please contact the office on or email your CV to