Project Planner - Inside IR35 - CTC
Project Planner - Cabinet Office (LOT1JP00026635) - Contract - London - £300 per Day
- One of the highest priorities for the Civil Service is improving commercial capability across Government, a priority being driven by the Government Commercial Function (GCF).
- As part of the work of the GCF, the Commercial Capability Programme has established a Government Commercial Organisation (GCO) that will recruit, retain, develop and grow senior commercial talent, helping to drive commercial best practice and improved commercial outcomes.
- The GCO employs senior commercial staff across all Government Departments (known as GCO Specialists).
- It currently employs more than 200 GCO Specialists and is growing. We are now expanding the population of the GCO to include another 400-500 senior commercial staff from central government departments.
- This role will support the Project Lead in the design and implementation of this exciting transformation project, co-ordinating and driving the overall strategy and the deliverables of individual work streams.
- Driving activity within each sprint as the project progresses and assisting with preparation for each gateway review
- Governance preparation for monthly Boards, including drafting submissions, driving actions and issuing updates
- Stakeholder engagement, including the Commercial Directors of each department and staff in scope for transition
- Liaising with the PMO ensuring that documentation is accurate and up-to-date e.g. risks log, project plan
- Management & maintenance of action log, driving & monitoring progress against these across all areas of the project
- General project support as required e.g. organising meetings, minute-taking
- Production of material to support project as required (eg, slide decks, FAQs, etc)
- Developing; maintaining and documenting appropriate plans and controls for the project/programme in line with the departments
- Change Lifecycle/Agile delivery methodology
- Ensuring the appropriate governance disciplines are observed
- Reviewing project and supplier documentation and plans to highlight any issues that may compromise delivery
- Facilitating resolution of project issues and mitigation of project risks
- Maintaining project documentation
- Making a constructive contribution to project management processes
- Making effective use of the departments Change Lifecycle; MSP Agile standard processes and other required standards
- Produce project documentation eg plans
- Manage dependencies; assumptions and other controls
- Arrange; prepare materials for; facilitate; chair and document meetings
- Monitor and report on progress
- Define project resources including staff; contractors
- Assure plans; project controls and progress reports
- Manage QA processes
- Demonstrate learnings achieved on the project
- Track record of successful delivery in an equivalent role with equivalent level of responsibility in complex Projects Knowledge of industry standard methods and tools eg MSP
- Experience of working successfully with staff and representatives from business teams to deliver business change initiatives
- Experience of working successfully in large; complex organisations
- Previous experience of project support in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of managing a range of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills (experience of working with Google Suite desirable - e.g. Google Drive, Docs, etc.)
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
This contract will be run through an Umbrella company.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of CTC security clearance. If you do not hold an active CTC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Role closes at 5pm on Mon 15th Jan so get your application in quickly. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79183632