I am now working with a business based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who are looking to recruit a SQA Engineer. As the SQA Engineer you will manage the process of supplier identification, nomination, development and training. This position will include travel but is based on a days position.
My client is a long-standing global manufacturing organisation supplying a broad range of products to a number of blue-chip OEM's they are based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire but supply products worldwide.
Reporting into the Quality Manager as the SQA Engineer you will manage the process of supplier identification, nomination, development and training. This position will include travel but is based on a days position.
Other Duties include:
- To drive improvements of the supply chain through auditing and continuous improvement activities.
- To highlight high impact suppliers within the new project development stage and support the PPAP in order to guarantee a flawless launch into production.
- To review and approve all supplier PPAPs, utilising APQP tools to support flawless project launch.
- To lead the resolution of current production concerns relating to suppliers.
- Improve all supplier rankings through auditing and technical support.
- Use analytical skills in order to systematically support the resolution of complex technical issues.
- Use analytical skills to drive product/process improvement in order to improve both quality and output.
- Ensure all PPAP documentation is in place and approved.
- Give full commitment and support for training, communications, health and safety, housekeeping and personal discipline.
To apply for the SQA Engineer position based in Sheffield you will have/be:
- Graduate level or similar.
- Ability to motivate, lead and change attitudes at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Knowledge and experience in APQP, PPAP and FMEA techniques.
- Strong IT skills.
- Proven analytical and practical problem solving ability.
- 3 years previous relative experience in a similar environment.
- Confident and rounded individual with strong communication skills.
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours as required.
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79187314