A fast growing business which trades internationally are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to head up the accounts department.. My client requires a a strong all round finance professional to assist in the production and interpretation of monthly management accounts and provide relevant financial and analytical information for the board and senior management team. In essence, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the financial management of an SME including liaising with advisors.
Principal activities include:
- Overseeing the purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control functions
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including commentary & analysis
- Maintenance of the general / nominal l ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Producing cost of sales reports and analysing margins & trends
- Proactive reporting of information for various departments
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, bankers and statutory organisations
- Ad hoc projects & reporting to help improve internal processes
Suitable candidates will ideally be qualified, be able to demonstrate a track record of being able to do a similar role within an SME and have strong IT skills allowing you to maximise systems and resolve any queries linked to the accounting software. Please apply now for immediate consideration.