Java Script Developer
Cambridge Cognition is a neuroscience digital health company developing products and services to better understand, detect and treat conditions affecting brain health.
Our cognitive research technologies for mobile, wearable, and online platforms accelerate the development of new treatments, improve efficiencies throughout research, and measure cognitive health and wellbeing in patients worldwide.
Our science is the recognised gold standard for assessing cognition, validated by over 30 years of data and 100,000 citations in peer-reviewed research - more than any other neuroscience company.
Our technology measures digital cognitive biomarkers, tracking improvement and decline of health in high need neurological and psychiatric conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, depression, schizophrenia and ADHD.
Our products are used to validate the value of drug treatments, detect early signs of cognitive impairment for appropriate intervention and are a major component in understanding brain health.
Summary of Position
Enhancing and maintaining a computerised cognitive testing platform and its end-user products using modern web technologies as part of an Agile team
Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of a small sprint team:
- Assisting with platform architectural decisions
- Developing and maintaining game-like computerised cognitive tests
- Responsibility for writing and reviewing functional specifications for allocated projects
- Passion for software development in the mobile tablet sector for healthcare based commercial applications
- Knowledge or interest in learning modern web development frameworks and mobile technologies
- Full software development lifecycle experience in successful projects, utilising good software development and quality management practices
- Strong academic record, including a degree in a numerate discipline (or equivalent relevant professional experience)
- Good basic mathematical ability, and excellent written English (spelling, grammar, clarity of written style etc.) and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including excellent time management skills and the ability to autonomously manage and take responsibility for a complex workload
- Used to delivering to timescales in an Agile Scrum software development environment
- Experience of React.js, Flux and SASS
- Automated testing experience, especially using Jasmine and Selenium
- Server development experience using Node.js, Grails or Spring
- Basic Linux command line experience
- Developing software under an ISO certified quality management system
- User experience design