Supplier Development Engineer
I am now working with a leading Automotive business based in Sheffield who is looking to recruit a Supplier Development Engineer. As the Supplier Development Engineer you will be responsible to drive improvements of the supply chain through auditing and continuous improvement activities and support internal projects, highlights resource conflicts to the Supplier Quality Manager, and mitigates/solves where possible.
Based in Sheffield my client are a leading Automotive business who employ crica 120 people. The business pride themselves on quality of products and customer satisfaction. Due to internal changes they now require a Supplier Development Engineer.
Reporting directly into the Quality Manager as the Supplier Development Engineer you will be be responsible to drive improvements of the supply chain through auditing and continuous improvement activities and support internal projects, highlights resource conflicts to the Supplier Quality Manager, and mitigates/solves where possible.
- Working in conjunction with Quality Manager investigating internal and customer non-conformances, maintaining quality database.
- Conducting internal and supplier audits, managing audit schedule.
- Writing and maintaining standard operating procedures, work instructions and quality plans.
- Inspecting critical parts and drawings using measuring equipment.
- Responsible for compiling the monthly Quality KPI's for management review.
- Working to 5Y, 8D and FEMA problem solving methodologies.
- Undertaking investigations of any quality issues that should arise.
- Writing and maintaining standard operating procedures, work instructions.
- Overseeing and ensuring high standard of quality is maintained across section.
To apply for the position of Supplier Development Engineer based in Sheffield you will have:
- Graduate level or similar.
- Ability to motivate, lead and change attitudes at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Knowledge and experience in APQP, PPAP and FMEA techniques (Essential)
- Lean Six Sigma.
- Strong IT skills.
- Proven analytical and practical problem solving ability.
- 3 years previous relative experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised (Essential)
- Driving license and valid passport, as travel (with overnight stops) is required.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79188586