Senior Relationship and Business Development Manager
The organisation is a growing, fast paced Technology Consultancy providing consulting and system integration services to the largest operators in the world (Telecom, Media, Cable, Software Companies, UK Government etc.).
Following a year of expansion, there is a need to add to the team a Full Time, experienced Relationship and Business Development Manager, to work closely with the SVP of Sales, the Senior Client stakeholders and Internal Business Operations to drive the sales pipeline.
Locations and Travel:
- South East of England, London, and Amsterdam. Expectation that the candidate will be UK based with regular monthly travel to Amsterdam.
- Candidate will need to plan to be on-site with clients 3-5 days a week through booking a high volume of pre-booked and qualified appointments.
- Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered. It is an advantage that the candidate lives near South East or London, but if not, MUST be prepared to travel.
- Other travel within Europe may be required.
Relationship Management and Business Development activities include;
- Identify and follow-up on sales opportunities by establishing and maintaining relationships with Client Engagement Leads/Project Sponsors/Influencers.
- Create and track an account strategy and sales plan detailing current and future business opportunities and work towards securing long-term customer contracts and relationships
- Work closely with Client Hiring Managers to consult and plan ahead for future hires, providing regular updates on metrics to drive performance and improve process.
- Build a positive relationship with the client Partner Support Manager, to engage with them at every opportunity and create open communication regarding the expectations of the business to maintain best practice service.
- Create sales documentations presentations when needed
- Owning contract management and communications with the Client Procurement.
- Regular relationship management meetings with clients to discuss high level project progress, positives and potential negatives. If feedback from client requires action, arrange follow ups until resolved, and arrange weekly formal progress reporting.
- Invest time to understand the needs of the client business and always be looking for ways to improve process and communicate regularly on activity and output.
- Support and oversee our invoicing & collections process.
- Drive recruitment process (prepare job description, help search for new candidates, perform interviews, search for new sources, negotiate contracts etc.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve internal processes effectiveness and efficiency.
- P&L management and responsibility.
- Establish/maintain relationships with internal team members, listen to the teams feedback and always look for opportunities to improve service whilst ensuring the team have good work/life balance.
- Full time, and willing to travel with some overnight stays.
- Candidate reports to SVP.
- Global Telecom and Cable clients
- Candidate required to be on UK client site 3-5 days a week. SE and London. Other European travel necessary upon management request. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in managing complex and large-scale accounts in a Telecom, Media or Technical environment
- Worked at manager level, over-seeing the work of others
- Proven ability to deal with key client senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability of creating a sales pipeline through relationships management.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, can-do attitude with plenty of drive, initiative and motivation
- Eager to continue to grow professionally, personally and financially
- Excellent communication and listening skills, with ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Fluent in English, other European languages are an advantage
- Attention to detail and to quality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interested in industry trends in business and technology with a fundamental technical understanding as a huge advantage
- Extensive use of Office tools, e.g Word, PPT, Excel
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree above
- Experience required:
o 4+ years of client facing work experience ideally within Communications/Technology/Media/Blue Chip/Consultancy space (fast paced, cross-functional and cross-team environment)
o 2+ years within a Management and/or sales and negotiation role
- Please respond to this advert including your most recent CV, and please include a covering letter, explaining briefly why you feel you will be a good fit for this role.
- Please ensure you have 'right to work' in the UK before applying.
- If you have been short-listed for an interview we will be in touch within the next 2 to 3 weeks.
- Unfortunately if you do not hear from us, please assume your application is unsuccessful, due to the high level of responses our adverts typically receive we are unable to reply to everyone, and we thankyou for your interest.