2 x Assistant Technical Managers £18,000 - 25,000 pa
2 x Assistant Technical Managers £18,000 - 25,000 p.a.
This is a full time role with variable hours over 7 days as required by the needs of the TV broadcast. As these jobs involve flexible hours of work with the managers left very much on their own and unsupervised by trustees, independent, contractual, self-employed arrangements are available
Assistant Technical Manager Job Purpose:
- To be responsible for all the organizational and technical aspects of production scheduling and budgeting
- Maintaining camera and broadcasting equipment
- To ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budgets
To do this role, you will need to:
• understand the technical processes involved in television production, including camera, lighting, sound and editing and ensuring proper functioning of the gallery
• know how to ensure that all necessary licenses and clearances have been obtained for a production
• have highly developed communication skills
• have strong problem-solving skills
• can work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, and with Actors, other contributors, and members of the public
• have advanced analytical skills
• Able to film on location and support external productions as required
• have strong budgeting and financial skills
• pay precise attention to detail and have a methodical approach to work
• have excellent organizational skills
• can conceptualize ideas
• Daily programming production contribution with news and current affairs
• News awareness with focus on "first reporting" via news bulletin daily
• Follow up after News Bulletin with news analysis programming
• have strong IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages
• understand how to comply with regulations relating to liability and indemnity when shooting at different locations
• have up-to-date working knowledge of relevant UK union Ofcom and/or broadcaster regulations and agreements, e.g. Pact/Equity, Pact/Musicians Union, Pact/BECTU
• have up-to-date knowledge of the legal requirements regarding working hours and the duty of care towards personnel
• know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries
• possess current knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures, including the Broadcasting Code, copyright, data protection, public liability, etc. and how to comply with regulatory requirements
• have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
You will be responsible for all the organizational aspects of production scheduling and budgeting which work across all genres in television production including documentaries, current affairs, light entertainment or children's programmes, or one-off dramas.
Assist the Producer and editors to interpret and realise the Director’s vision, financially and logistically. Prepare production schedules or script breakdowns to confirm that sufficient time has been allocated for all aspects of the production process, and to check the Producer’s budget and schedule.
Ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines, and stay within budgets. Throughout shooting, they monitor schedules and budgets, and prepare daily report sheets, detailing all aspects of each day's shoot.
During pre-production and shooting, deal with any unexpected circumstances and prepare workable alternative plans. Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day running of shoots, from contract preparation to all Health and Safety requirements, and work closely with members of all other departments.
Prior Technical and/or Managerial Experience Preferred; Highly Organised; Production and Planning Skills Required; Understanding of Management Systems; Ability to Manage Time and Workload Effectively; Excellent Communication Skills, Both Written and Verbal; Leadership Skills; Experience in Negotiating and Working With the rest of the workforce; Ability to Work in a Team Environment; Strong Problem Solving Skills; Strong Attention to Detail; Ability to Engage and Motivate Others; Drive to Achieve Results