Governance and Risk Specialist
Governance & Risk Specialist Job | Leading Retail Bank | Full-time, permanent | Edinburgh | £30000 - £36000 pa
Your new company
An exciting position within a market leading financial services organisation as a Governance Consultant working directly with the Chief Operating Officer (COO). You have the opportunity to join a forward thinking and outcome focused business undergoing a significant period of growth.
Your new role
In this role you will be supporting the COO by providing robust and thorough control and coordination of all Risk & Governance activities across the Bank.
You will be responsible for assessing the whether risks and controls have been revised to reflect policy/standard changes and issues raised where appropriate, whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and consistency across all areas.
You will coordinate and support key COO governance committees and maintain accurate records in relation to COO requirements.
In addition, you will be expected to establish and build relationships with stakeholders across the three lines of defence, identifying business requirements, efficiency improvements and providing both direction and support on risk related matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- Practical knowledge of a risk management discipline and the associated governance requirements
- A good understanding of Financial Services and/or a COO function is seen as beneficial
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of delivering complex/risk governance and/or reporting
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work using own initiative with strong planning and organising skills as well as being an effective team player
- Proactively identifies operational efficiencies to help make improvements
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive salary with excellent benefits and pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.