REVENUE MANAGER, EDINBURGH (£35,000 - £45,000)
Due to continued growth across the Group, a position has been created within one of our clients who are now looking to appoint an experienced Revenue Manager. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate understanding of core Revenue Management concepts to maximise hotel revenue and guest satisfaction. He/She will have prior knowledge and experience of working with online booking agents, corporate travel agents and other revenue channels.
Key duties and responsibilities include: (not limited to)
· Manage all aspects of revenue management, creating strategic and tactical plans, as well as building financial budget and targets
· Analyse booking patterns and market trends to manage performance across all channels
· Maximise occupancy and revenue in line with targets and profit improvement plans
· Forecast ensuring all concerns and opportunities are escalated as soon as they arise
· Set short, medium and long terms targets to maximise revenue potential
· Distribute rates and availability to all booking channels through our PMS system
· Actively working on improving conversion of all booking enquiries
· Build lasting relationships with all booking agents
· Manage, coach and support the reservations team to ensure they perform at the highest standard at all times
· Develop departmental processes to help irradiate unnecessary tasks and improve productivity
· Prepare for strategic revenue meeting with the wider team, presenting overall position and forward plan
· Deliver a proactive sales culture within the office
· Manage all aspects of booking, guest enquiries and customer feedback
· Manage a small reservations team
We are looking for a dynamic candidate with a ’can do’ attitude. This person will bring creative new ideas to the role and implement changes that will see company efficiency improved.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· 3 years’ experience working in a similar sales or revenue management environment
· Strong Excel skills, inclusive of reporting, presenting and charting
· Strong analytical / reporting skills
· Hospitality industry knowledge
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team is paramount
· Organisational and problem solving skills
· Ability to perform under pressure
· Strong communication skills with a professional telephone manner
· Flexible and adaptable to new company requirements
· Keen eye for detail and accurate management of customer data
· Self-starter with innovative ideas, enthusiastic to take on responsibility and new projects with a positive attitude
The company is about to embark on a continued period of growth over the next few years on the back of considerable Private Equity backing, that will allow them to grow both their UK and International hubs. In line with the overall growth of the company, the role itself will evolve considerably over the next few years and will be well suited to those who are hungry for ongoing career progression and development.
If you would like more information on this particular opening, please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.