Cash Flow & Balance Sheet Analyst
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Homebase. With our new owners, Bunnings, we’re changing how we do things and shifting up a gear. By joining us at the beginning, you’ll be able to help us create the best home improvement and garden business in the UK. And, because we understand that it’s you who will make this happen, you can be sure you’ll be working in a culture that’s geared to helping you give your best.
About the role:
To deliver insightful analysis, reporting and budgeting/forecasting of the Bunnings UK and Ireland cash flow, balance sheet and capital expenditure, in a changing business environment. Ensure senior management and Group functions are provided with timely and accurate cash flow and balance sheet information and analysis.
(6-month contract, with the view to extend)
You will be responsible for:
- Cash Flow and Balance Sheet Budgeting/Forecasting
- Cash Flow Reporting and Analysis
- Rolling 12 Month Forecasting of Cash Flow
- Capital Expenditure Analysis for Cash Flow and Balance Sheet Purposes.
Skills and attributes you will ideally have:
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High level of influencing skills
- Knowledge of retail industry
- Accounting principles and standards
- Ability to work with financial models
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable to change
- Clear communication
- Proactivity - initiative
- Highly organised
- Commercial awareness
- Financial experience including a strong understanding of financial statements and technical accounting principles. Financial experience within a retailer preferable
- Strong understanding of financial statements and technical accounting principles
- ACCA and ACA qualified
What we offer:
On top of a competitive salary and a variety of benefits, Homebase has won awards for its development programmes, so you’ll be in good hands. From the beginning, we’ll ensure you have all the training you'll need to do your job and support you in crafting a development plan that puts you in charge of your professional growth.