Purchasing Manager - Automotive
Supervise a team of Buyers and to provide support for Senior Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties. To proactively drive the team to deliver against Scorecard objectives and business priorities
One of the most iconic British brands.
- Supervise and support buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives
- Represent the section at cross functional meetings
- Develop and execute robust procurement strategies aligned with current and future business requirements
- Work closely with the Procurement Development team to ensure compliance with departmental procedures and take an active role in continuously improving procedures
- Deputise for Purchasing Management, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team
- Prepare and present Purchasing status and metrics to business management team
- Provide support for individual and team development, including induction training and skill's gap analysis ensuring section training plan is effective
- Procurement and negotiation responsibility for teams objectives
- Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets
- MCIPS or working towards
- Proven track record of leading/managing a team
- Extensive Purchasing background within a Manufacturing environment
Salary will be discussed with interested candidates and is complemented with a good looking benefits package.