eCommerce Product Content Executive
Main purpose of the role:
To contribute to the objective of getting products listed on the Cycle Surgery and Runners Need websites (with ad hoc work for Snow+Rock), with an appropriate level of content to aid the user’s buying decision. This will primarily be achieved through:
1. Creating highly effective, original and targeted product copy for clothing, bikes, accessories and equipment, maintaining core brand values.
2. Sourcing, cropping and uploading images and video for individual products.
- Be the main product content executive in the team responsible for writing detailed bike descriptions.
- Write and edit product descriptions and any other copy that may appear on product pages.
- Source, crop and use basic Photoshop editing to process product images for the website.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the target audience, maintaining the editorial style and 'tone of voice’ for each brand.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and prioritise activities to meet tight deadlines.
- Work with and regularly report back to the Ecommerce Product Content Manager to ensure all products have the required level of content to support the online sales and conversion expectations.
- Assist in video creation and creative planning for product pages when necessary.
- Track results of product page based campaigns on Google Analytics (training given).
- Use attention to detail to identify and correct errors, and ensure consistency across products.
- Proactively work with Buying & Merchandising and brand representatives to get any product information required.
- Work with Customer Service to amend and switch off any products with errors.
- Support the eCommerce team with other content requirements and other tasks on an ad hoc basis to meet team objectives.
- Adhere at all times to the schedules and processes that are required to maintain an efficient department
- Good knowledge of bikes (including mountain, road and urban/folding) and bike components
- Proven online copywriting skills, with a basic understanding of SEO
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Educated to degree level
Behaviours and competencies :
- Excellent knowledge and experience using the English language for creative and technical writing
- Experience proofreading to identify and correct spelling and grammar errors, and suggest copy structure improvements
- Demonstrable outdoor and sport industry product knowledge in order to write detailed technical product descriptions and suggest other product content improvements
- A high level of attention to detail
- Proven time management skills
- Good communication and ability to work closely with various stakeholders
- "Ideas person" who will contribute to brainstorming creative ideas to improve product pages
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude