Customer Service & Supplier Performance Assistant Manager
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Due to continued growth and investment, Highways England is looking to recruit a new Assistant Manager to join our expanding Customer Service and Supplier Performance Division in Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds.
You will is responsible for:
- Providing intelligence on how suppliers and Highways England are performing, in order to aid decision making for projects and programmes and shaping / sharing better practices
- Supporting transformation of Highway Supplier understanding, practices and approaches in providing a better customer centric service
Day to day
- Responsible for working with the Earned Value Management (EVM) system in order to analyse data supplied by projects and suppliers to assess performance, and provide intelligence to the business on whether a project or supplier is meeting financial targets
- Produce metrics for schemes using data within the EVM system, ensuring that the project is considered from end to end to support decision making of project teams
- Take time/cost data and input into intelligence, providing clear and concise feedback to support decision making processes for current projects and for future supplier choices for Highways England to get the best value for money suppliers
- Responsible for operating a collaborative performance framework, ensuring continual monitoring of suppliers performance in order to hold them to account against delivery plans, working closely with suppliers to ensure they are aware of the self-assessment criteria and the importance of completing
- Manage the feedback provided to Highways England from suppliers, ensure that this is inputted correctly, analyse information to identify any issues, provide resolutions or ensure that the correct colleague takes ownership for resolving
- Undertake root cause analysis and work to provide solutions to the organisation to ensure best value for money from the supply chain
- Provide intelligence to Programmes to inform decision making processes for time, cost and supplier selection and retention ensuring information and reports are accurate
- Delivering day to day change in Supplier customer service practices on the ground.
- Gathering and sharing customer insight pertinent to highways suppliers and the aspects of customer experience and using to drive supplier performance and customer service improvement that supports delivery of the customer satisfaction KPI.
- Some experience in performance management
- EVM experience
- Understanding of how to create excellent supply chain customer service performance
- Demonstrable experience of shaping and implementing customer service transformation at a strategic level.
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries to deliver innovative solutions at pace
- Experience of supplier performance management in a major multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in determining cost/schedule drivers, cost & time capture analysis and comparison with other performance intelligence
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/