Corporate Tax Compliance, Senior Associate: Bristol
Who we’re looking for
CCS provides a range of compliance services to its corporate clients, preparing accounting and tax returns that help them to meet their statutory obligations.
The business currently employs approximately 200 people across a number of locations in the UK and has a number of exciting and immediate opportunities for Senior Associates to work within CCS CT, its Corporate Tax Compliance team based in Bristol.
Our business continues to evolve and an opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Senior Associate to join our Bristol team. We are seeking someone with a firm grounding in corporate tax computations to specialise in this challenging area.
You will work with a wide range of clients from multinationals to smaller mid-tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors (including regulated ones such as Financial Services clients etc.) This will provide you with a solid grounding in corporate tax with regular training and tax updates given to ensure you constantly develop as a tax professional.
- You will undertake the preparation and completion of a wide range of corporation tax computations, do review work of smaller computations and assist clients with queries directly.
- Liaise with Data Management team to enable collection and analysis of tax data. Deal with client queries in relation to data requests during Data Exchange by exception /as escalated. Including preparation/review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Prepare corporation tax accounting disclosure, tax payment advice calculations, computations and returns using firm standard software for internal review by manager/senior manager.
- You will be expected to organise, monitor and manage your own work load and assist in the development of other staff as required.
- Draft budget preparation and negotiate for new/repeat work based on standard pricing structures and historical actual costs / work performed.
- Budget and activity monitoring in line with the firm's financial performance and risk management requirements
We are seeking someone interested in specialising in corporate tax (if they have not already), with a desire to encourage their own personal development and progress their career with PwC.
At this point you will be given the opportunity to review more cases and coach others work more, taking more of an active part in complex cases and liaising directly with clients yourself.
- You will be a ideally be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or a finalist, looking to continually develop your technical skills.
- You must have gained at least some experience of UK corporate tax experience although we appreciate at present you may currently be in a general practice role.
- This is a very challenging career with unrivalled exposure to clients also providing a diverse range of businesses. We offer excellent training and on-going professional development.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.