Major Recruitment are working in partnership with our illustrious Electronics manufacturing client who have been a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of inspection equipment to the coatings industry.
Their philosophy has been to provide 'best in class' design, quality and service at a competitive price. By concentrating on these core values, they have grown into a global network with representation in over 70 countries and Company offices in 8 countries. They are currently seeking a Calibration Technician
Reporting to: Production Engineering Manager
Direct Reports & Responsible for:
* Checking, maintaining and calibration of electrical and mechanical test/assembly equipment.
* Maintenance, test and calibration of all test jigs and fixtures.
* Working to company quality standards and procedures. Adhering to individual responsibilities for Health and Safety procedures, along with maintaining housekeeping standards.
* (main internal/external contacts outside the department)
* Operations and Production Management, Operators, Production Engineers, Supply Chain, Sales, Development, Quality and IT.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
* Creating and maintaining test and audit documentation for production processes in all areas including audit/sample plans.
* Health and Safety audits.
* Complying with company H&S procedures and legislation.
* Support with implementation of ongoing auditing of 5S.
* Assisting in controlling and monitoring of facilities based operations and issues.
* Direct support of manufacturing if required.
* GCSE Level 3 or Higher Maths and English
* NVQ 3 Qualification or Equivalent or higher
* Record of work based learning
* Assembly and test process techniques
* Knowledge of and experience working with ISO9000 & 14001
* Work based knowledge in engineering or quality assurance
* Knowledge of and experience of working with electrical test equipment
* Generation of instructions and procedures
* Computer literacy - must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
* Ability to create systems and processes
* Knowledge or experience of using ERP systems
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Self-motivation - working to agreed standards and managing own workload
* To work proactively with minimal supervision
* Good problem solving techniques
* Demonstration of adaptability and creativeness
* Ability to apply a logical approach
* Good hand-eye coordination
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to identify areas for improvement and offer pragmatic suggestions
* Open to new learning experiences and training
* Willingness to perform other duties and assignments where relevant
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79189686